For all the 23 things finishers:


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing 8 of 23 things

I'm sorry, but I've got to tell you I have s-l-o-w internet. I got very frustrated waiting for pages to reload doing my slideshow that appears at the bottom of my blog. I wanted it large and I couldn't fit it at the top. I love the end result except for a slide that appears twice. I will try to fix that later. I also made a photo album on Picture Trail. It would be so much fun to take photos of the kids during the Summer Reading Program, make a slideshow from them, and post it on our library blog. At this moment, I am thinking of many more personal uses than library uses because I hate to admit I am one of those people who got a digital camera and then didn't "get around" to making most the pictures I'd taken. Obviously, this is my first venture into using these types of tools. In the past I got intimidated by all the traditional scrapbooking being done, but now I can scrapbook via the web - much cooler, less messy, and cheaper. I had no idea there are so many sites that work with photos. I learned in another thing that it is an easy way to back up your photos and now I have learned many more ways to enhance the photo viewing experience.

Picture Trail was easy to set up an account on, but editing photos seemed very tedious. For example, I decided not to include any vertical photos since it slowed the process down too much. Even with these drawbacks I would still recommend Picture Trail because of the multitude of designs to pick from.

No comments: