For all the 23 things finishers:


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 23 of 23 Things!!!

Applause...
I want to thank the producers of 23 Things On a Stick. I was hesitant if I could handle this scope of project, but with the help and encouragement of my agent, Sue Hilgert (aka Head Librarian)I stuck with it to the end and I even had learned some things that made me change my viewpoint. The writers did a marvelous job on this project and their efforts will live on and reach more people as time passes. The special effects crew was great and easy to work with. They made my job a joy, for the most part. I want to be sure to thank my wonderful husband, who for some miraculous reason, had the patience of a saint when I couldn't be torn away from this project if there was a fire or flood- almost. The food vendor (also my husband) was a life saver for without him I couldn't have kept up the strength to endure this to the end. My son willingly made the sacrifice to go without his Xbox Live cable hooked up so that my link to salvation was uninterrupted. I can't forget the costume department. They made my job comfortable all those late nights working in pajamas and a robe. I want to thank the rest of the cast that were often way ahead of me on the assignment and kept me motivated. I sought out their helpful advice each step of the way. I didn't know if I'd ever see the end at times and now I feel I'd do it all again after taking a hiatus. I'm going to cry. Could someone get me a tissue? I didn't plan on breaking down like this. And lastly, I want to thank my fans, I mean patrons, who without them none of us would have a reason to do this project. My patrons stuck with me even though they didn't know the meaning of 23 Things on a Stick, but now they will find out all the wonders of this project, along with the many new patrons the fruits of this project will attract. They may not remember the name- 23 things on a Stick, but they will be grateful for what this project will enable them to experience.....
BE-E-E-E-EP!! What's this? Oh, I must have been dreaming. Rats! I didn't win an Oscar.

If I were to participate in an online learning project like this again and I would, I would like some time to prepare for it. I would greatly appreciate knowing what I might need to purchase or have on hand. For instance, a jump drive, several photos of myself and other photos on a computer file. Forewarning which things need downloads would be nice to know. I hesitate to question the order of the things, because I am sure that was thought out thoroughly, but it seemed at times that it would have been good to know some things earlier, like the tagging.

Thanks again. Hope you don't mind my Oscar speech.

3 comments:

23 Things said...

Loooove the Oscar speech--very clever. Congrats on finishing and thanks for the suggestions. Very helpful. Stay tuned for more on a stick in the fall or winter.

And wow--what s son to giv uphis XBox connection--he loves his mom!

Suzanne Hilgert said...

Kris, congrats! I knew all along you would finish. Superior job and love the Oscar speech. It is a joy to work with you! Sue

jd aka diane said...

Yes you are Oscar deserving ... or at least ready with the speech!! congrats!