For all the 23 things finishers:


Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 21 of 23 Things

I'm so happy that I've gotten this far! I had no idea that all these other social networks existed. I'd heard of Web Junction, but Gather and Ning and all of the rest are news to me. I added the Web Junction Webinars feed to my Google Reader. This must be an off time because I there isn't anything available now, but now I don't have to worry about missing them. The Web Junction article was filled with ideas on how to go about libraries to get into the social network and the hurdles along the way. The 23 things Ning is great. How fun. I get a whole other page for myself to customize. My computer kept freezing up as I tried to do this so I will have to add features later. It's always a good idea to connect with others that are concerned about the same things. I joined our Pioneerland group that my head librarian started. There are not many members, which it not encouraging. I was hoping that there would be a lot of support for implementing some presence on Facebook and/or MySpace, not to mention the more member the more the merrier. I wasn't really thrilled with Gather, but I'm glad I know it's out there. You won't see ads for Poise pads on MySpace or Facebook! The Minnesota Readers and the Minnesota Life are impressive and I know I will have reason to visit these sites again. I joined Shelfari and add some of my books to it to see what it looks like. It's so cool that you instantly see what other people think of the books on your shelf. I sent an invitation to a Book Club member and she signed up immediately. I will definitely use this for book club and it's perfect for library blogs.

No comments: