For all the 23 things finishers:


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 14 of 23 Things

I am thrilled to learn about this LibraryThing. How cool? I think this could be a more useable tool to provide booklists for specific genres. For example it wouldn't be hard to create about 3-4 "libraries" of typical books my patrons are reading. I could use these libraries for LibraryThings to come up with some more suggested reading. I only put 5 books in my library and 2 new authors were suggested. I think the book covers on a Library blog look very professional and draw people in. I wasn't able to load the Zeitgeist page at home in a reasonable amount of time, so I will have to see what that's about. Currently, we use the bestseller lists from the BookSense website. I think patrons would appreciate something more taylored to suit their interests. This could also be a way to inform our patrons of the recently arrived titles. What I can't print out will have to be viewed on the computer and I'm still pondering ways to bring library users to the screen to view all of these fantastic tools.

Since, I am in charge of our local book club, I can make use of LibraryThing as soon as I get the 48 titles from our book list typed in. (LibraryThing makes this process foolproof.) I can't wait to share this with our members.

No comments: