For all the 23 things finishers:


Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 18 of 23 Things


I am not going to be addicted to YouTube. I had never gone on it before and I would not go on it again for anything, but library purposes. You can imagine how I felt that the angry computer man was fitting to choose for my video clip. I'm glad I know about the workings of YouTube and I saw a few other video sites also. In fact, the Thing 18 example of an appropriate library video was emailed to me right about the time I started 23 Things and I was waiting to get to a thing where I needed to put it on my blog. Needless to say, I was frustrated that it was used on the mother blog. I'm still going to use it at near the bottom of my blog because I looked at videos for a long time that I found inappropriate for my blog. I had wanted to find something clever, but time does not permit it.

I saw videos that were excellently done to tour libraries and show movies that the library had available, which even had a few short audio clips of the movies with music filling out the rest of the video. There are even some great how-to videos that will be helpful for me if I forget some 2.0 skills that I learned. Our library doesn't own a video camera, but I can see that this would be a good use for one.

No comments: