For all the 23 things finishers:


Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 19 of 23 Things

http://www.epnweb.org/index.php?request_id=1362&openpod=2#anchor2

My things and posts have gotten out of order now. I've had difficulties with playing podcasts and videos and downloading on my home computer. I'm one of those people who don't give up easily, which sometimes can be a fault and definitely takes more time.

I did't find any of the .com podcast directories easy to navigate all, but if my tastes were different I may have been able to find something right away. Yahoo was about the same thing. I listened to a podcast on the Educational Podcast Directory called Google Tips that was very helpful. The site is at the top of this blog. When I learn how to link it within my blog with just an underlined word, like I've seen other 23 things participants do, I will do that. I'm very frustrated that I don't know how to do this.


I spent hours looking for another podcast that would interest me and ended up back at OPAL, which I found out about in a previous thing. I had listened to a author interview podcast then and wondered what more I could find. I ended up listening to a book discussion with several participants on a book by Alexander McCall Smith. I enjoyed this very much since the book club I lead has discussed this book also. I ran across several instances where I wasn't able to get the feeds for the podcasts in my searches. I don't know why that happens.

I would consider hosting a podcast for a book discussion, but I would not want to do one on my own. Maybe that's what I'll do when I retire? Anyone who ever had the urge to be on live radio is probably chomping at the bit to do a podcast, if they haven't already done one. I read a bit about creating your own podcast and the 5 skills that I needed to learn scared me off at this time.

No comments: