For all the 23 things finishers:


Thursday, March 6, 2008

thing 4 of 23 things on a stick


Winter Reading Program
Originally uploaded by kris.bratsch

This is my photo of the display for Renville Library's Adult Readers Winter Forum. I am blogging this to fulfill the requirement for the 23 thingsonastick. This is thing 4.

I have learned great restraint on doing this thing; restraint not to scream or pound my mouse or keyboard. I came so close, so many times to getting this done earlier, but something would always baffle me. With all the help screens, and the switching sites and pages, I was on brain overload.

This is a good way to entice people into the library to see what is new in person or enable those who aren't able to come in person to be there via the internet. I will have to work on ways to promote the blog, however. I'm looking forward to having enough photos for a slide show. This has made me aware of how other libraries use Flickr and I want to do further investigation on that. I'm considering how Flickr can help promote the Summer Reading Program and also help with the organization of it, since our library and another are collaborating for the first time. Also, it would be great if there was a computer activity for the kids using Flickr.

1 comment:

Suzanne Hilgert said...

Kris, good job on moving through the 23 Things, I know it can be frustrating. I like your picture above. I was trying to find it on Flick but couldn't fine it. Did you tag it Renville Library and make it visible to all? I think we can do lots of collaborating for the Renville library blog. Sue